The following rules apply to all LDA sanctioned events.
As part of our partnership with Drug Free Sport, competitors of LDA competitions have access to the Resource Exchange Center or (REC) to learn more about supplements and what they contain.
To access LDA REC website:
1) Visit www.drugfreesport.com/rec
2) Scroll to find LDA
3) Password: reclda (case sensitive)
To submit dietary supplement questions:
1) Select the "REC Tools" tab
2) Select "Ask About Dietary Supplements (Form)"
Adopts New Drug Testing Policy; Launches Player Education Initiative
ROANOKE, TEXAS (September 13, 2012) – Long Drivers of America (LDA) announced today it has formed a partnership with Kansas City-based The National Center for Drug Free Sport (Drug Free Sport). The partnership will result in new drug testing policies and procedures for LDA-sanctioned events, as well as launch an education initiative for power golfers.
“This partnership with Drug Free Sport represents a major step forward for our organization and for the sport of professional long drive as a whole,” noted LDA chief executive officer Art Sellinger. “DFS is widely regarded as the industry leader in terms of drug testing services,policies and education.”
Among existing clients of Drug Free Sports are MajorLeague Baseball, the National Football League, the National Basketball Association and the NCAA -- plus the PGA Tour and LPGA Tour. Chris Guinty, a Vice President for Drug ￼Free Sport said that “Drug Free Sport is thrilled to partner with Long Drivers of America to help promote safe and fair competition. Long Drivers of America is to be commended on their commitment to drug and supplement education, and the promotion of clean sport.”
Sellinger made the announcement about LDA’s new partnership with Drug Free Sport on the eve of the 2012 LDA Tour Championship at WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma. The tour’s top 16 points producers are competing at the season-ending event on Friday, Sept. 14.
“Drug Free Sport will be testing our athletes here at WinStar and they will be testing competitors again at the upcoming 2012 RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship Powered By Dick’s Sporting Goods in October,” he said.
Sellinger stressed that the Drug Free Sport Resource Exchange Center will be available to all LDA athletes, the first step in a comprehensive education program for power hitters. The Resource Exchange Center offers up-to-date information on supplements, a special hotline and a website for gathering feedback from experts and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
“LDA is, and has been, committed to ensuring that our competitors are drug free. We have conducted drug tests and ￼had drug policies in place for the past four years, but bringing Drug Free Sport on board as our partner takes us to the next level,” Sellinger said. “I can personally assure everyone that with Drug Free Sport’s supervision and monitoring, LDA will conduct a consistent and aggressive testing program. At that same time, we intend to educate our athletes about the risks and dangers of substance abuse.”
Beginning with the 2012 LDA Tour Championship and the 2012 RE/MAX WLDC, LDA will require all competitors at LDA-sanctioned events to sign a drug testing consent form before competing.
The consent form, as well as LDA’s new drug testing policy, is below.
This is Long Drive! This is what it looks like. From the moment you step to the tee box, driver in hand, six balls ready to explode off the club face this is that rush of adrenaline you have been looking for.
With local qualifiers held all over the country there is sure to be a competition near your. Once you try Long Drive, and hit your best shot, we practically guarantee you’ll be hooked for life.
The grid is clear, swing away.
- Competitors have 2:45 to complete their set of six balls
- Distances are measured from the tee line to the farthest point of the golf ball. A ball must land in and stay in to be counted.
- A qualified drive must be a minimum of 275 yards for the Open Division.
- A qualified drive must be a minimum of 250 yards for the Senior Division.
- A qualified drive must be a minimum of 230 yards for all other divisions.
- USGA rules apply for the teeing ground, tee and intent to strike.
- All club heads must conform to USGA standards (next tab)
- Official golf balls will be provided at each event
- Tees must NOT be longer than 4 inches in length & USGA approved. The Champ Fly Tees are the official tees of the LDA
Equipment is a personal preference. What works for one person just will not for another. Spend the time to get fit customize the club to your swing. It can mean 20-30 yards difference!
Professional technicians at Sellinger's Power Golf will be happy to help you find the right equipment that fits best.
If you are competing in the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship powered by Dick's Sporting Goods at any level your club must be on the USGA Conforming List.
If you do not see your club on the conforming list then your club must NOT appear on the USGA Non-Conforming list.
This list is updated weekly by the USGA for the most available current information and is the benchmark for all LDA competitions.
If you do not see your exact model and loft on the list, please notify the manufacturer to send in the exact club (model, loft) to the USGA for approval. If your manufacturer has a USGA Letter of Conforming please fax a copy to 682-549-2112 as soon as possible to be added to the Conforming List. All independent club builders/manufacturers must submit their clubs to the USGA for testing and fax all USGA conforming letters to 682-549-2112.
Your clubs can and will be checked prior to the beginning of competition.
The LDA understands many competitors use older model metal woods and original titanium clubs that were introduced long before the .830 COR limitations. These clubs, too numerous too list, will be checked and approved on site by an LDA official or a district site !director for a final decision.
Please e-mail any equipment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proper golf etiquette is required during all levels of the competition.
- At no time will disorderly conduct, abusive language, intoxication, possession of firearms, and/or possession or use of an illegal substance be tolerated. Violations of this rule shall be cause for immediate expulsion from the event and forfeiture of all monies paid.
- Dress Code for Local and Regional Events - All competitors must adhere to the host facility dress code It is the responsibility of each competitor to know the dress code of the site.
- The site director may alter the format and minimum yardage required due to weather or time constraints.
- The LDA and its agents have the right to refuse service to anyone